1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lots of new photos of Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by john1701a, Jan 8, 2012.

1. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Last Spring there was a very brief moment when the cold & rain subsided... just barely enough to squeeze in a photo opportunity. Unfortunately, the conditions switched to another extreme. But armed with a new camera, I took full advantage despite it suddenly being hot & muggy.

That resulted in a over 700 photos to sift through... which took until now to finally select the best, then edit out most of the dust & smudges caused from that particular car having been viewed & demoed so frequently.

It was exciting getting to see the larger model.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I was impressed by the how much the higher roof increased cargo area.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Many times over the years people have made the comment about wishing Prius was a little bigger.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now there is a model available, with rear seats that slide & recline as well as having large back window.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The interior introduces some variety too.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You can't go wrong with such a larger interior from such an efficient vehicle.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I was especially impressed with how easily it swalled up my bike.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Having the EV, ECO, and POWER mode buttons right next to the cupholder should make taking advantage of the hybrid system easier too.

[​IMG]

I was quite pleased with Toyota's new member to the Prius family.

[​IMG]

There are 56 photos of Prius v available on website (larger than the thumbnails shown here). Just follow these links to the webpages...

John's Stuff - Toyota Prius Photo Album 168
    John's Stuff - Toyota Prius Photo Album 169
    John's Stuff - Toyota Prius Photo Album 170
    John's Stuff - Toyota Prius Photo Album 171
    John's Stuff - Toyota Prius Photo Album 172

2 people like this.
  2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Very nicely done!

I'm seeing v's pop up here and there. Probably seen at least half a dozen or more (losing track). I still do a double take looking at the car. There's nothing garish inside or out IMO. Although it doesn't have the loading height of a Rav4, the cargo room is nicely increased for the family. Great car and we're seeing some 42 MPG numbers come in. Nice improvement over what would be 25 MPG in an ICE only.

* Specialized .. have a couple of those meself ;)

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Your pictures really illustrate something that really bugs me with the new Prius models.... The discontinuous trunk and rear seats.

In the GenII there was one flat surface between the trunk area and the seats when the seats were folded down. This made hauling gear and even sleeping in the back smooth and easy. With the newer models and especially the v, there is a gap between the trunk area and the seats when they are folded down. It also appears like the surface is not very flat like in the older models.

Is there something I'm missing or are the issues I described above accurate?

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    F8L: It's just a different design, that's all. The Prius v has independent seats so that they can slilde back and forth. With the Prius, we have "permanent fixtures" so the seat bottom doesn't move and thus you can have a piece of cardboard to cover the gap and provide a nice cargo floor with the seats folded.

The only Toyota model that I can think of that bridges the two is the last generation Yaris hatchback (2006-2011). The seats on the RS model could slide and recline but it had an innovative rear cargo floor that could fold 180 degrees so that when the seatbacks are folded, it would cover the gap.