1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lots of Prius at VA Dealer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Claudia, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Husband happened to be going through Danville VA yesterday and noticed that there were 5 Prius on the Toyota lot, some 06 and some 07. He asked a salesperson about having so many, only to be told there were 6 and not 5 - one was being cleaned up to be brought out to the lot.

That's more Prius than I've ever seen in one place - anybody interested, I think they'd be listed as "Danville Toyota". We didn't buy ours there, but rather from Martinsville Toyota, a small town about 30 miles from Danville. I don't know what kind of reputation the Danville dealer has, just thought it was interesting.

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :D North Texas (Dallas) Cowboy Toyota has 10 unsold on the lot and about 3 more enroute. Other area dealers show from 6 to 10 in stock.

Seems a good time for Dealers to commence offering discounts and/or other incentives on Prius. I did make a good deal, getting about 85% of what I paid for my 2004 and >$500 discount on the new 2007. My overall "wait" was four weeks due to my insisting on the exact package and options I wanted. A less "persnickety" buyer could get immediate delivery in a variety of packages.

My 2007 Touring Edition Driftwood, Package 6, Options A0 and P4 is ready for delivery Saturday morning Nov. 11th. I will bid a fond farewell to my faithful 2004 and greet the new "Ernestine II" with enthusiasm. Looking forward to new "goodies" not on my 2004 - Side Airbags, HID headlights, Leather, Backup Camera, Better Tires, Tire Pressure Monitoring, Mud Guards and reportedly better suspension and handling. I drove a 2007 Touring before ordering and do believe the handling and ride are somewhat better.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    quite a few sitting on the lot around here too, actually. and the 07s have made their way on to the lot as well.

4. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There must be a lull d/t the lowered gas prices. Noticed some regular Hybrid ads too. I am sure there will be some increased sales when gas goes up again.