1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Love car, hate sound

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by louedwards, Aug 20, 2013.

1. louedwards

louedwards New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hey folks! Just bought a prius 4 with delux solar and jbl greenedge in white yesterday. Love the car, absolutely 100% hate the sound. I am not technical on sound whatsoever.

I did as much research as possible and i found a few conflicting info

1) has anyone put in a jbl ms-8 sound processor to the greenedge system? Does it improve it drastically? And what about bluetooth/navi? Is it insanely loud?

2) or did u guys just swap speakers? I saw this hertz setup online in az. No idea if its good or not.

3) or did u guys simply install a woofer for bass?

I got no clue, as much help would be appreciated. I just gave up my 2011 g37 with premium sound (no idea who even makes that system lol) and i simply want comparable or better (because when u crank it up, it starts getting scratchy - idk what the word for this is). I listen to mainly electronic hard progressive house (hardwell anyone?) and i crank it up very very loud to the point i'm pretty sure i lost 40% of my hearing LOL

I like depth of sound, crisp but smooth highs/mids, and bass u can feel... I also dont really wanna take out the headunit so any suggestions on shops/gear would be awesome!!

Thanks!!