1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Love my Prius Prime But I think I love this more.......

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Toyotaisme, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Toyotaisme

Toyotaisme Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    After 2 year wait It's finally here.

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nice, congrats!

Toyotaisme likes this.
  3. I'mJp

I'mJp Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Three
    Nice. I see that it doesn't have the shark fin antenna, but has the fake Burger king cup antenna.

4. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That is sporty.

HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  5. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    #5 Prodigyplace, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  6. jaqueh

jaqueh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    It certainly is a more attractive car. The model 3 looks so much like a mini Porsche. I’ve also heard l it also drives quite similar to one.

Will definitely be picking one up used in 3 years if tesla is still a company then.

westy72658, m.wynn and Aaron Vitolins like this.
  7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  8. Halls1030

Halls1030 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats! Those are two nice looking vehicles there!

Looking forward to a comparison review on the new 3 once you have some time behind the wheel!

I’m still waiting for the call from Tesla on my deposit.

I have a white 17 Prime just like yours as well.

Toyotaisme and westy72658 like this.
  9. c__c

c__c Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks great in white!

10. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Give us a "report" when you get a few more miles and seat time in it. (y)

mr88cet likes this.
  11. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I honestly prefer my Prime over our Model S (which constantly has issues). Good luck.

12. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Reliability is the number one reason I'd never own a Tesla. Lack of reliability makes car ownership frustrating and expensive, rather than enjoyable and cheap. Even lack of range and lack of charging infrastructure are behind lack of reliability.

13. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats, your garage now looks complete. How do you top th:)is?

14. docboy

docboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mind me asking what issues did you have your Model S?

15. TinyTim

TinyTim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Very nice both cars. Please keep us updated on the reliability of both cars. I don't consider myself a betting man because picking a winner is like taking candy from a baby.

16. a_gray_prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First, let me be clear: I'm sick of repeating my issues and really don't want to talk about it anymore (because so many people seem to want to fight me on my real, actual, daily-experienced issues and I'm honestly tired of talking about it). That said, a (very) short list includes: software updates that introduce additional issues, frozen-shut doors (that Tesla denies is an issue, even though there are multiple YouTube videos of people with this issue), doorhandles that don't extend (all of them) after software updates when the car is put in park. I had to have a body repair experience ([expletive] rear-ended me, albeit only enough to justify replacing the rear bumper) and it was worse than pulling teeth - getting parts was ridiculous (so was the quality of the part) and the supposedly good Tesla-approved shop did a pretty poor job.

Again, this is my last post about this because I'm honestly sick about talking about it - I just won't be buying another Tesla (maybe I'll pick up a Porsche Mission E if it's less than $120k when they release it).

You know, I'd be way more lenient of Tesla if they weren't such d-bags to me. Every time I had a real issue I felt treated like I was trying to defraud them. I know that I'm an early adopter, and I'm willing to deal with all the issues that entails. But when you have an issue and it feels like they're denying that it's real - well, that's just about the most infuriating situation possible.

#16 a_gray_prius, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    mr88cet and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  17. TheChip

TheChip Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm sure most people ask out of curiosity, not to accuse you of lying. Sounds like they have bugs that still need to be worked out sadly.

That said, if you want to trade + cash for a 2010 Prius let me know ;)

18. docboy

docboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to hear about your experience with Tesla, I just wanted to find out about your ownership experience as I'm casually considering the Model S and X. Definitely doesn't sound like Tesa treated you right. FWIW I have friends with the MS who share similar experiences; one even had to get the drive train replaced (under warranty) so it would seem that Tesla's reliability is suspect. Your post makes me all the more weary about getting a Tesla, as I've been perusing some of the CPOs online.

I'm not sure Porsche is that much better when it comes to admitting issues. Check on YouTube re: Nick Murray's 911 experience, or someone on 6speedonline with his Panamera and defective frame that cracked in half. Also their turbo engines in the 911 have coolant pipe failures, IMS failures on 996/997.1 engines, etc... none of which Porsche is willing to admit. Just a FYI as the Mission E comes out for sale...

Back to the OP and his Model 3, here's hoping your Tesla treats you well, and I believe many of us look forward to hear how the Model 3 compares to the Prime.

19. a_gray_prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's my opinion: If you have a second car you can seriously rely on (I personally will not take my Model S anywhere that's important - e.g. got to get to the ER), and you're willing to spend a lot of time on a car (your car is your lifestlye!), it's not an utterly terrible choice (it's a pretty decent, but huuuuge commuter car). I have a suspicion that the ownership is better on the west coast.

Edmunds had to get their long-term test Model S drive unit replaced a few times (more than 2: I encourage you to look it up yourself).

I appreciate the warning: I'm well aware of the IMS issues (met a few people who had IMSes blown and just decided to swap in the metzger engines) - didn't know about the Panamera (that's kind of insane). I actually had seriously been thinking of getting one of the new Panamera wagons (Sport Tursmo I think it's called?), but I'm a little leary of spending that kind of money and getting something that's a liability.

OP: I forgot to ask - is there a non-disclosure/confidentiality clause in your MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) like for us Model S owners?

20. MSAGRO

MSAGRO 2010 Prius Five with Advanced Technology Package

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    63212839-60F8-4180-B283-16324D6911B4.jpeg
    That was me! Ended up selling my Tesla and buying the prime… But it’s nice having an extra $9000 in my checking account.