1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Love My Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by valgal83, Jun 5, 2006.

1. valgal83

valgal83 New Member

I just got my 2006 Prius Pck 8 w/ Nav and I love it. I added some gas the other day just to check the mileage and it was approx 47. I only had 318 miles on it. The mileage on the screen isn't real accurate, because it only goes up to 99.9 mpg and when you coast you may be getting even better then that. Anyhow it is close it said 43.8 or something. I traded in my gas guzzling Trailblazer (16 mpg) and haven't missed it yet. The Prius is much bigger on the inside then it looks on the outside. Great little car- happy happy

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome to PriusChat!

3. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome.
    The Prius is definitely a deceitful car!! It looks sweet and innocent but it can and will get you a speeding ticket if you are not light on your foot. And then there is that problem of what to do with all the money and time that this car will give you.
    But the real sneaky part is the room within these walls. The hidden cubbies! The folding seats!! The very design!! I have put so many things into this vehicle that I can never truly miss my old trucks and I can no longer accept a "standard" vehicle.
    Congrats on a great choice!

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(valgal83 @ Jun 5 2006, 10:43 PM) [snapback]266428[/snapback]</div>
    The mileage on the screen is more accurate than any one-tank calculation. The Prius gas tank contains a bladder, which causes the tank volume to be inconsistent: in other words, you never accurately know how much fuel is in the tank. If you want to do manual mileage calculations, total your fuel and miles over a large number of tanks. That will spread out the error and improve your accuracy.

As for the 99.9 mpg max display, that is a display issue only and does not affect the calculations made by the computer.

Tom