1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Love Plug-in look - anyway to make Gen III look like it?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by txl146, Feb 24, 2013.

1. txl146

txl146 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I simply love the way plug-in look and want to find ways to make our Gen III to match its appearance.

1. I'd love to find a set of Plug-in wheels for our Gen III. Never been a fan of hub cab on Prius wheels; I ended up getting rid of hub cabs and installing DIY center cab from Home depot. Found one set for sale on FS sector, but seller wanted $650 without TPMS. How much do they usually go for and are they hard to find?
    2. Love that chrome look on the trunk lid - does anyone know if it's made of plastic trip with double sided tape? Wish I can find one off eBay, etc...

Any other suggestions? :)

2. J Dunn

J Dunn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, at one point I got silver vinyl wrap from eBay and put it on the front grill ( the 3"~ strip, which is Black on non plugin) and across the trunk panel where the emblems are. Pretty easy to do and looked "like" a plugin. The only thing I didn't do were the door handles cause I was getting too p----d off trying to cover them with vinyl. I have since taken the gray vinyl off and replaced with 3m 1080 carbon vinyl...which I think I like...time will tell.

3. txl146

txl146 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can you please post picture?

4. bzyrice

bzyrice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    What color is ur car? I can trade u my silver trunk panel from my PIP if your car is white. Let me know!

5. JMT

JMT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I actually do NOT like the plug-in accents (ie silver front bumper trim, door handles, rear hatch area). I am in Irvine and am willing to trade you my PiP accents for your BP pieces if the swap isnt too difficult.