1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lovin' this car after 5k miles...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by niferbee, Aug 7, 2004.

1. niferbee

niferbee New Member

:D

I was driving the Prius the other day, and it dawned on me...

I have over 5,000 miles and I still love this car!!

Usually, with cars, after awhile it just gets 'hum drum' - i.e. you get less excited about driving the car, it's lost that "new car" appeal, it just becomes the car you drive to work, etc...

I can now understand why the Consumer Reports had the owner satisfaction so high for this car.

I still grin sometimes when I walk towards it and think "that's mine!!"

Woo-hoo!
    Jen

2. TucsonDave

TucsonDave New Member

me too!!

I have only had mine for a short while but I feel the same way. I got mine July 21 and now have 1050 miles. I drove my other car to work yesterday (had a full tank of gas) and after I got home and saw my Pruis in the garage I missed driving it. When I'm walking up to it in the parking lot I can't help but grin. I hope it last a long time!!!

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well i had the chance to babysit and do extensive test driving of a fully loaded Prius that a friend of mine had. he travels and he didnt want his car left at Sea-Tac all the time so i would drive his car home when he left on trips which was at least once a month for 5-10 days at a time.

also i ve now had my car for nearly 3 months, i have 3600 miles on it and i still find myself making up excuses to drive to seattle or something just so i can take the Prius!!

the fact that a few times a week i have the opportunity to talk to someone who sees my Prius and is interested or WOWED by it keeps it exciting.

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

The Prius is indeed a very nice car and I still like it a lot after 7000 miles. But love? Love a car? No... it's just car, and the day it starts giving me trouble, it's "hasta la vista, baby."

5. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    jama:

love is an apt term to describe positive feelings towards many things. that includes dogs, people, and cars.

hate to say it, but your attitude is common in this world... that is why the divorce rate is so high.

now im not attacking you. i m simply pointing out that your definition of love is different than mine is all. now would i take my car to bed?? no of course not (besides i tried and she wont fit!!) but would i cry if she was hurt badly in an accident? Yes i would. there is no doubt in my mind over that. so is it love? i think it is...

6. CHART

CHART Member

I have to admit, I'm hooked too! I hate driving and always found an excuse to have someone else drive if I could. I've had my Prius now since December and my wife is ecstatic that I keep volunteering to run errands, drive to the grocery store, etc. I feel connected to this car more than any other I've ever owned!

7. DaveinOlyWA

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Chart:

i know exactly how you feel!! i used to think driving was a hassle. the traffic sucked, etc. i had to take my Ford pickup the other day to haul some stuff and it was then that i realized how much of a step back a regular car is.

but now it has been positively determined that my Prius is the "chief enabler" in my newly developed "driving addiction"

but if addiction is the ruin of me at least i will die with a smile on my face!!