1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Seksprius

Seksprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all,
    Long term lurker first time poster. This is my second Prius. 2010. I’ve had zero issues and have been enjoying it. I then figure out these tend to have head gasket issues. I go to check my coolant and it does look low. What are y’all’s thoughts/ suggestions on the level and how to proceed? The pictures are of it cold.

Also unrelated it makes this consistent whirring noise for 2 seconds each time even when the car is off. Anybody have experience with this? The noise seems to be coming from right under/ around the smaller coolant reservoir. I have a video but I guess I can’t post it here.

Attached Files:

2. Khezekiah

Khezekiah New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'd suggest regularly checking the level to see if/how much it is deceasing before worrying if you aren't having any other head gasket symptoms.
    With the noise, do you mean every time you turn the car off for 2 seconds it happens? because your description just says "each time, even when the car is off"
    each time what?
    my car makes a couple second whirling noise when I turn it off. Never had an issue and always figured it was some system discharging/depressurizing.