1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Low cost ways to add comfort?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by web1b, Jun 16, 2007.

1. web1b

web1b Active Member

I rented a Prius for a few days and I noticed a lack of thigh support prevented the ride from being totally comfortable and a very hard armrest that made my elbow and forearm sore after a few hours.
    My regular car which I felt was only average previously, felt luxuriously comfortable after getting back to it after driving the Prius.

I read a few threads talking about replacing the drivers seat with Recaros, making major modifications and reupholstering seats with extra padding, but are any low cost, less drastic solutions that work? How about a removable wedge cushion thicker in front to support the thighs and maybe with a strap to keep it from shifting?

Any easy way to add padding to the center armrest/console cover?
    I was thinking of laying something like this on the console armrest:

[​IMG]

If I cheap solution works, I'd get a Prius. I will not live with poor comfort, nor spend hundreds or thousands to replace or fix the factory seats since that extra cost would make some alternative vehicles a better choice.