1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

low fuel efficiency - 42/43 mpg - possible alignment problem ?

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by Pat Yingst, May 12, 2015.

1. Pat Yingst

Pat Yingst New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Several months ago the fuel efficiency dropped from around 48 to under 45 mpg and it is getting worse - now it is at 42. I took it in to the local Toyota dealer's collision center to have a new bumper put on it. I have a terrible driving record with the Prius - it took a long time to learn to drive it - to see out of it, to avoid low hurdles like cement parking barriers in grocery-store parking lots, and even curbs which I have hit too hard on several occasions. . But it looks like my damage to it may be more than cosmetic.

I live in Texas so cold weather is not the problem.

The collision center told me that car is pretty badly out of alignment and that it is not tracking correctly. - I'm wondering if the thousands I will have to pay to have it fixed will fix the low fuel efficiency problem. Has anyone had experience with this?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    never heard of an alignment costing thousands of dollars, that's for sure. why not take it to an alignment shoppe? shouldn't be more that a hundred dollars or so, if it actually needs an alignment.
    yo might need a new 12v battery, why not have that tested? how many miles on the old girl?