1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LOW MPG AFTER ACCIDENT

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by edenbyrne, Aug 14, 2013.

1. edenbyrne

edenbyrne New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got my car back from repairs at collision center. The car was there for 3 months and now I am only getting 30mpg. Is this normal after not being driven for a few months? My first tank of gas I averaged about 26mpg, I have half a tank left on second tank of gas since accident and am at 30mpg.

2. SteveLee

SteveLee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Reports I have seen indicate this may be normal as it takes time to recharge the HV battery. I would expect gradually improving MPG with use.

3. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Check your tire pressures, check your oil, and definitely check your 12V battery.

If those all check out ok then I'd probably just run through another tank or two of fuel and see if it starts coming back to normal before going into any more detailed troubleshooting.

SteveLee likes this.
  4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Shouldn't that take just a few miles, not a whole tank of fuel?

5. SteveLee

SteveLee Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I

You may be right. But I seem to remember this coming up before with more gradual improvement. But hey, my memory and age are getting further apart.