1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Low Rolling Resistance Tires

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by kenkneeb, Oct 20, 2005.

1. kenkneeb

kenkneeb Member

In a search for a source of Low Rolling Resistance tires, I came across the following website that I felt compelled to share. I apologize if this site has been mentioned before, but if it was I couldn't find it nor did I get a hit on Priuschat when I entered the search phrase: Low Rolling Resistance Tires. So, here goes:

http://www.gotoreviews.com/archives/cars/r...ance-tires.html

Chew slowly and enjoy. Feel free to add to this list. Choice is a wonderful thing.

All the best,

Ken

2. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Thanks for the article! A good read.

I'm due for new tires in about 16 months, so I'm not reading too much yet.

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    The greenseal report mentions Nokian NRT2. Nokian's current "3-season" tire is the i3, and it is also rated low rolling resistance. One source for them is the tirefactory group buy that I have promoted in the main forum here. Order by 31 October!

I have read that tires in the Michelin Energy series are also low rolling resistance.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Unfortunately that report is now very much out of date and there are some of those tires no longer available and other tires that were not reviewed.

It would be nice if they updated it annually at least.