1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lower Control Arms Bushing & Strut/Shocks Replacement.

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Lexington-76, Sep 12, 2024 at 8:43 PM.

1. Lexington-76

Lexington-76 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi All

I’m recently purchased a 2012 Prius C (100,000 miles) for my daughter. I took it to my mechanic and asked him to give it a full inspection. He recommended the front brakes and rotors be replaced, $483. Average for brakes in my area (SF Bay Area). That was taken care of.

He also mentioned that the bushings for the front lower control arms are starting to crack. Not too bad but recommended replacing in the near future, however he suggests to replace the whole arm because replacing the bushings only are sometimes difficult to set them in place by themselves. Cost $300 for both lower control arms $544 labor. I’m curious if anyone here has replaced their lower arms recently and what was your cost.

The other recommendation are to replace front and rear shocks/struts totaling $1,475. Is this average for this vehicle now days?
    If your curious on the breakdown
    $510 Labor Rear (3hrs)
    $255 Labor Front (1.5hrs)
    $550 Parts

As far as I’m aware is that the arms and struts are the original parts.

I currently have a 4Runner so I’m very familiar with cost of repairs and maintenance but I’m new to the Prius so I’m trying to figure out what the maintenance norms and repair cost are for this car.

Thanks

P.S. I mistakenly posted this in the Prius V forum then posted here but o couldn’t figure out how to delete the first post.