1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lower driver seat

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by thockin, Jul 27, 2004.

1. thockin

thockin New Member

Is there any way to lower the driver's seat by 2-3 inches? I'm much more comfortable closer to the floor, and I can see better (the rearview eats a lot of space).

Tim

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Are you aware that the mirror is articulated? First thing I did when I got in the rental this morning was to adjust all 3 mirrors. Thanks to this forum, I knew about the RV articulation. I wouldn't have even thought to try it. I'm tall enough I wouldn't be able to see the joints without sticking my head under the windscreen and looking up.

3. Ken Cooper

Ken Cooper New Member

Had the same problem with the rear view mirror. Read about the articulation. Held the mirror face perpendicular to the floor and pushed up. It's fine now.

I was also wishing that the top of the windshield was a little higher. But, as with most cars I've owned, the seat settled some (I'm at 215 lbs.). Now top edge visibility is fine.

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

It's hard to explain why the Prius seats are not height-adjustable, since such seats have been in some Toyotas (including the Corolla) for almost 20 years. The base VW Golf has such seats, but then the Golf also has telescoping steering wheel, auto-lock at 8 mph, side and curtain air bags, rear disk brakes... :(

5. thockin

thockin New Member

I do love the Prius, and I recognize how much more this car must cost to make, but it is really lacking in niceties. I mean it has a lot of cool features, but some basics are just AWOL.

Auto-lock
    Auto-sensing headlights
    rear disc brakes
    power 6-way adjustable seats
    lumbar support

What I really am looking forward to in cars is the ability to recognize different keyfobs and automatically adjust the seats and mirrors and climate controls for me. That way I can have different settings than my SO, and the car will automagically remember each driver.

There are a million things I can think of that would be SO COOL, now that we have software control of stuff like that at our fingertips

6. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    But wait you tell me U.S market Prius dosent have height adjustable seat?
    My Prius does have height adjustable seat....
    Also in Japan dont get rear disc brakes