1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lower Glove box piston

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cloid, Jul 13, 2005.

1. cloid

cloid New Member

Help!!! I had to open the lower glove box to retrieve something that fell behind it. When I did, by pushing on the sides, the piston on the right side released as well. But I can't see where it connects. It is still connected to the box itself but where inside the opening does it connect?

2. kkister1492

kkister1492 New Member

I was just in there myself. On the back side of the piston is a little tab with a hole in it. Inside the glove box hole on the right is a little round post. Insert post into hole and you're all set.

3. cloid

cloid New Member

there appears to be two holes. I tried to attach the one that was closest to the top of the piston but then the box would not close and I don't know if it the 1st or 2nd hole that connects. I didn't get to see it before it came lose.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    open the lower glovebox to its fullest. Extend the damper to its fullest, that'll give you the rough area of the knob that the damper's supposed to connect to. It sorta looks like a crayon.