1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lowering Springs Install?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Glen Marr, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Glen Marr

Glen Marr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was about to order H&R lowering springs but decided to call my local shop first to get an estimate on the install. I'm glad I did because they quoted me $713.25 for installing the springs and doing an alignment. I asked for clarification to make sure they weren't thinking that I needed struts or that I'd be buying the springs for them and the person I talked to said they quoted 5 hours for just the springs. This seems super high to me, especially since I've read about other people doing first-timer DIY installs in about 3 hours. Can someone please let me know what they paid for this service so that I have some comps? Also, I live in Seattle so if anyone knows of a decent shop in the area that would be great. I have a 2007 touring.

Thanks,
    Glen

2. Glen Marr

Glen Marr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Seriously, 5 hours... I may need to call this shop back (Tru-Line) and get some clarification on this. I just did a quick search on Youtube and found this "how to" video for a Nissan Cube:

Unless, there's something specific to the Prius that makes it extra crazy to remove and install springs, then I can't see a decent mechanic taking more than 1.5hrs to do this. Can anyone give specific experience with this?

Thanks,
    Glen

3. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    The Toyota Dealer charged my about $650 to install the TRD Springs and the TRD Anti-swaybar, and that INCLUDED the parts. The aliment was $79.00. I think that is a much better deal, unless you already have the springs...

4. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Though I have a Gen 3, the suspension design is similar. In fact, I think your's is easier due to front covers? Anyhow, if I had to redo it, I can do it in 3 hours or less. Front 2 hours and 1 hour or less for rear.

5. Glen Marr

Glen Marr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just pulled the trigger on some B&G springs. Hopefully I can install myself without any issues.