1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lowering the passenger seat?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Braddles.au, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Braddles.au

Braddles.au DEFAnitely using an EBH

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm 195cm (6'5") and can fit fine in the height-adjustable driver's (RHD) seat on its lowest. However, the passenger seat doesn't adjust for height. I don't think that ExtendMySeat is an option as the roof starts to slope downwards if I went back any further.

Is there any adjustment available in the passenger seat? I need it to be at least as low as the driver's side.

I wonder if I could adapt the base from a LHD driver's seat...?

2. Braddles.au

Braddles.au DEFAnitely using an EBH

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    *BUMP* That was my head against the roof.
    I had a good look under the seat and there's nothing much that could be adjusted.
    The dealer told me that the passenger seat must stay at a known height because the passenger air bag is at a set height; the assumption being that the steering wheel will always be adjusted proportionally with the driver's seat height and rake?

Any more ideas?

3. qval

qval Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

That's a load of bull. there's no way that the 1 or 2 inch height difference changes the performance of the airbag. If the airbag were truly calibrated to a given height, how do they account for heavy short people or super skinny tall people? the way they do it is by having a really big airbag (have you seen how big the deploy? it's like a 2ft or larger rectangle!)

in any case, I lowered my drivers seat (In the US, we didn't get any adjustable seats) by removing the seat, disassembling it, drilling new holes and remounting it lower... probably not what you're looking for, but it can be done. Search for 'lower seat dogfriend cloverleaf priuschat' on google. I think it helped a lot! I still want about 2 more inches legroom though!

Val

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Uh...does the OP have a 3rd gen or 2nd gen? I see an 09 in their info which would be a 2nd gen, in the US.