1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lpg

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Trebuchet, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    C.n.g.

Anyone do this or contemplating doing this to their vehicle? Like to do my Prius first and then maybe a pickup/suv as something to pull my bass boat.

Thanks In Advance

Ack! I mean CNG, sorry.

2. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Back in the day... we had a GMC pickup with a conversion kit for CNG...

The engine did not have the same power as it did with regular gas, and the milage was reduced about 10-15%... in cold weather it was a little bit slower to start, but warmed up the same... and the oil was always cleaner... I mean, it didn't turn black... and the plugs didn't foul like they did on the other cars and trucks, still had to change the points and the cap and rotor just as much... and the tail pipe rusted quicker.

Personally, I like CNG cars...

3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: C.n.g.

I'd love to do it for my minivan if it could be done cost effectively. I'd have to have a compressor at home. Assume you saw the recent thread on this, believe its up top under Hybrid news.

1 person likes this.
  4. Southern Dad

Southern Dad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    When I lived in NL, I drove a Citroen CX that ran on either CNG or Gasoline. Simply flipped a switch. My mpg on CNG was a bit lower than gasoline and I had more power on gasoline but CNG cost about 1/4 as much. Funny thing was this was back in the late 80's, early 90's.

Here in the states I once had a Buick Le Sabre that was CNG only. I finally had to sell it because it was hard to find anywhere I could fuel it.

1 person likes this.