1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. alexstarfire

alexstarfire New Member

Ok, I know that there are already threads on this, but I have more specific questions that the other threads don't answer.

1. What tires are LRR that can be used on a Classic Prius with 175/65R14 tire size? I know that "John's stuff" has some info, but surely that can't be EVERYTHING.

2. I was looking into getting some Dunlop SP10 tires since my Potenzas and finally showing the ends of their life at a little over 50k miles. I was looking at Sam's Club but they have the Dunlop SP sport 10 tires and I was wondering if those are the same tires. I want to be sure because I want the LRR property of the SP10 tires and not the SRR of the Sport A2 tires.

I'd rather not have to go with Potenzas, or even the Allegras I got for my other two tires, don't ask. The Dunlop ones seem to have longer treadlife and that's always good. I know they are summer only tires, but we don't get much else down here in Atlanta.

2. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexstarfire @ Aug 1 2007, 04:08 PM) [snapback]488797[/snapback]</div>

along these lines how much lower is the rolling coefficient for these LRR tires?

3. eastender43

eastender43 Junior Member

I am new my 2007 Prius,but with my Honda Insight the OEM LRR make a very significant difference in fuel consumption....about 6 mpg average....they are squirrelly though,following road crests,highway grooves,etc....but nothing can beat their LRR....ofcourse we run 52PSI...with zero toe in...

But the Bridgestone RE 92 LRR are the ONLY tires that deliver exceptional MPG on an Insight..

And no,they are not available in a size for the Prius,AFAIK>

Basically,LRR with any given tire is a function of tire pressure.....more pressure=less rolling resistance.

My daughter once drove her Nissan back from SC with 70 psi in the tires...I had told her to air them up,and she got a bad guage.....she got really great gas mileage....best ever!

Tires are much more likely to fail from low pressure than from exceeding the sidewall max pressure.

But ride quality and traction/braking suffer somewhat,and the ride is noisy at 50 psi...

But 70 mpg is worth it,IMHO.(Insight)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SureValla @ Aug 1 2007, 07:11 PM) [snapback]488943[/snapback]</div>

4. alexstarfire

alexstarfire New Member