1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

LUG NUTS for 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wiiprii, Aug 11, 2007.

1. wiiprii

wiiprii New Member

Hi Folks,

This is a weird situation. I rotated my tires a few months ago, and just went on a trip up to the San Juan Islands for a week. Upon arriving, I found my right rear tire was missing a lug nut! I guess I forgot to tighten that one down. Anyway, I was able to get my friend to mail me up one. The replacement lug nut isn't the same as the stock nut. The replacement from the Toyota dealer is a dull chrome finish, and has rounded edges, whereas the stock lug nuts are all highly polished and have sharp edges. I went back to the dealer today having come home from our trip to confirm I didn't get a used lug nut and sure enough the ones he has are all new, in a bag with the part number, and there isn't another part number in the computer system for a different lug nut.

So I'm sure many of you are reading this and saying "Wow, this guy is a real lug-nut himself!" :p

I am wondering if there are any sources for the stock factory lug nut, or do I have to contact Toyota in Japan??

I just want a replacement that looks as nice as the other ones.

Thanks for your help!

2. removeum

removeum Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    B) Go to the dealership and get locking lug nuts. that way everything will match.

3. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(removeum @ Aug 11 2007, 08:55 PM) [snapback]494154[/snapback]</div>
    No way. I had those on my last car and they are a pain in the ______. I want this car to have all stock lug nuts.

4. bigj3347

bigj3347 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    obsession with perfection has been taken to a new high on PC. :) Frankly, the only time i even see the lug nuts are when i'm rotating my tires or washing them. Might wanna try googling prius junk yards and see if you can get one from a totaled prius.