1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lumbar Support Option

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by samlopez1, Jun 23, 2004.

1. samlopez1

samlopez1 New Member

Hey!

Just got a Prius and due to the length of my trips, Im looking was looking for lumbar support options.

While browsing on the web I found this web site which sells after market lumbar support systems and since i was planning to upgrade my seats to leather, I might make use of one of these systems, there is a manual one that apparently can be easily integrated.

http://store.yahoo.com/sports-imports/unaflumsup.html

I wanted to know everyone toughts about this and if you think is possible.

Sam
    San Juan, PR

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    A plain old cushion seems a lot more economical, unless you really need it to be adjustable. And if you upgrade to leather, you should be able to build in the lumbar support. I use a folded towel for my (rare) long trips.

3. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    lumbar...

I've actually installed the air-bladder type aftermarket lumbar in my past 2 vehicles ('89 Pathfinder and sig other's '99 Tracker). Fairly easy to install under the cushions of the lower back area. Work very nice with a switch that pumps air into a bladder to inflate as well as deflate. Just need constant 12 volts and ground. I really miss it in my Prius now and am seriously thinking about it. Not sure about the seat airbags in my package #7? Got them where I use to work in Denver. PDA, Inc. 303-761-6022. around $80 per seat (if the passenger needs one!). Ask for Pete if u call, they are really nice there. Drive fun, drive clean, drive Prius! 8)

4. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

The driver's seat of my father's 1987 Corolla's has a side lever that controls a built-in lumbar support. Why this is still a rare feature, I don't know.