1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lumbar support!

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by cornflakes, Apr 1, 2012.

1. cornflakes

cornflakes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Or the lack thereof! Drove around for an hour or two today on my C3 and my back is killing me! Anyone else feeling the same and found a good cushion to use for long distances? I'll be driving out to Vegas in a few days so I really hope I can find something comfortable soon!

2. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Have you tried adjusting the seat back to different angles to see if it helps? I find it normally takes me awhile to get used to any new car seat, but with the c, I've not had that problem.

3. Koolfreak

Koolfreak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Each time I changed my vehicules, I feel the same way.

After a couple of months, it will be just fine.

4. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    me too. lol I still keep adjusting the seat to find the best position.

take a little while.

5. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If, after trying to acclimate yourself to the seat, you wish something more:

Universal Aftermarket Car Lumbar Support kits

I sat in and drove a c and found the seat to have more lumbar support that my previous two vehicles. I appreciate a lot of support and will probably try one of these units.

I slid one of the pump operated bladders behind an aftermarket seat cover on a Celica I used to have which had particularly poor support. Worked wonders for long trips.

1 person likes this.
  6. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    i've had no problems.. and besides one or a few other people, i'm probably one of the few that have logged the most miles on the car since I've owned it.

then again, i don't really have much back problems to begin with... but fiddle with your seat adjustment.. if you really need to buy a cushion or something, there's quite a few to choose from.

7. cornflakes

cornflakes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hmmm, I'll play around with the seats some more... and thanks for the link to the aftermarket products!! My lower back is royally screwed up from working in front of a computer all day so I'm kinda sensitive to this stuff!

8. allopatry

allopatry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    I'm waiting for my C to come in at the dealer. Because I have my dog in the car most of the time I ordered seat covers from Wet Okele. One of the options (for one or both seats) is additional lumbar support. I ordered the lumbar support for the drivers seat. Wet Okele called me to confirm that the covers were for the Prius C which has different seat dimensions that the regular prius.

9. Onesmallrat

Onesmallrat New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Went to the Wer Okeele website - are the seat covers you ordered the Prius ones? I didn't see an option for 'c'. Do I just put in into the model field and they will know what I want?

10. allopatry

allopatry Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    I mentioned in the comments/special instructions in the Wet Okele order form section that it was a Prius c and for them to call me if they could not manufacture the covers. They called me to confirm it was indeed a Prius c and told me that they had just received the actual dimensions for the c seats a few days prior