1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

lumbar support

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cgrigel, Jun 30, 2009.

1. cgrigel

cgrigel New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just purchased my Prius 3 on Saturday. I thought I could do without the lumbar support which came with my last two Camary's. Is there any after market lumber support for the 2010 Prius?

2. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I use a self-inflatable lumbar pillow that I got at REI (camping equipment). I think it may have cost $20-$30. You just have to open the nozzle and it fills with air by itself. In fact, I leave the nozzle open and find it to be the most comfortable that way. I have tried MANY different things, including expensive options, and the self-inflating lumbar pillow works the best. I have a 2008 Prius. One of my few disappointments with the car is the lack of a lumbar adjustment for the driver's seat, but I have gotten very used to the inflatable lumbar pillow. I hope you find something that works for you.

1 person likes this.
  3. mr.scott.com

mr.scott.com New Member

It doesn't help you, but major kudos for the lumbar support in the model 4. Makes all the difference in the world! (I am quite biased though, having back problems for years and a lumbar fusion surgery.)

4. royrose

royrose Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I found that the seats in my Scion Tc didn't have enough lumbar support. I got some foam sheeting at a crafts store, several different thicknesses. Once I found one that seemed right, I folded the seat back all the way forward so that it was lying just about flat. This exposed the clips that keep the seam of the seat cover together. I undid the clips, slipped the foam between the cover and the existing foam, then clipped the cover back together.

Obviously, this does not mimic an adjustable lumbar support, but I have been comfortable ever since.

1 person likes this.
  5. deltron3030

deltron3030 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry to revive an old thread here, but I figured it better than starting a new one....

I too am in the market for a tidy solution to the lumbar issue. Has anyone done the above and "folded the seat back all the way forward so it was lying just about flat"?

I'd love to add a little padding in the lumbar region...i just dont want a big pillow sitting in my car.