1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lunar Eclipse

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bruceha_2000, Oct 27, 2004.

1. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Not the greatest pictures, but I took some so the kids could have something to take to school.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    nice pics! I couldn't see the red tint but it seems to show up in pictures well.

3. cybele

cybele New Member

4. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    beautiful pics. I wish i could have seen it tonight. I would have loved to to use my Digital Rebel with the 300mm lense. :) but it was cloudy over here :(

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Is there a phenomenon in nature more boring than a lunar eclipse? Sitting in a corn field on a calm, hot day in August listening to the corn grow is more interesting. (And for you city folks, yes, you can hear it grow. It makes little popping sounds.)

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well done...we had clouds...and a ball game to watch.

7. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the pics. They certainly look a great deal better than the sequence I took. I should have used a tripod but the ball game seemed more important at the time. ;)

8. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Canuck\";p=\"47502)</div>
    I couldn't use a tripod, I had to hang out the bathroom window. There were a number that were too fuzzy to use. By the time I figured out which shutter speed didn't give me flares, it was almost total.

With regard to the game - well, I really couldn't care. But I did hear the last couple of innings as I was messing with the pictures on the computer, my wife turned the TV on. Sorry to you MO fans, but I am glad the Sox won. Maybe now the fans can cool off, it might be another 80 years before it happens again :)

9. cybele

cybele New Member

In nature?

Hmm, I think it's on par with laying out in the salt flats in Death Valley and listening to the salt pop in the temperature change after sunset.

Of course I like watching spiders spin their webs, waves crash endlessly on the shore, water trickle over the rocks in a stream, the yellow slime mold creep across my mulch pile. I'm a pretty easy-going girl.

To each his own.

Oh, Canuck, tripod makes a huge difference. I took some of the last lunar eclipse visible (last november's was obscured by cloudcover) and they turned out horrible. 'Course a better lens on mine would help too - and I need to remember to shoot in uncompressed mode because the darkness sure is noisy on those long exposures.

10. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Cybele, sometimes the terminology leaves me in the dark... by uncompressed does that mean TIFF as opposed to JPEG?
    I've got the tripod all ready to go in 2012 if that's the next one. ;)

11. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    All fascinating. Quite the opposite of a lunar eclipse.

Canuck: TIFF is just another form of compression. Uncompressed would be bitmap. Takes up a lot of memory but preserves every pixel exactly as is.

12. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I wish I had a camera! Mine broke, so I couldn't get any pics. *sigh* For anyone who cares, the next one is 2007! :clap: It would be really sad if I still didn't have a camera by then.... :lol: Oh how I love star-gazing! *huggles telescope*

13. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, Daniel, my Camera is an early Olympus C-2020-Z and it probably doesn't permit bitmap... at least I do not see any reference in the manual.
    And, Starbug, glad you updated me that the next is 2007 and not 2012.... I might have not had it correct on my calendar and missed it. :lol:

14. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL, Canuk. I see you are as bad as I am: marking such things in your callendar for a date far into the future! :mrgreen: I would be seriously peeved if I missed the next one. FYI, there's supposed to be another total eclipse (lunar? solar? I don't remember which) in Jan 2012 or 2020. If I could find my little date book (where the info is written!), I could give you the correct year. Dangit! Where did the blasted thing go?!?!?! *tear room appart looking* GAH!

15. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Jeez! Starbug, I hope I didn't give you the impression that I was organized. I do, religiously, remember to wake up each morning and , without warning, sometimes doze off without having these instructions carefully noted. Anyway this is a great opportunity to ask about that beautiful young 'un
    shown in your avatar. Boy, girl, species ?

16. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    LOL, I too didn't mean to give the impression of being organized!! (See the part about tearing the room appart looking for the date? :lol: ) I am very UNorganized. I must have sticky notes with everything I have to remember. But then I loose the sticky notes too.... oh well. Wasn't that important, or else I wouldn't have forgotten, right? LOL.

The critter in my avatar is a male Yellow Labrador, only an hour old. All dogs look like that when they are up to a week old. My sister's black lab sired the litter. I can't remember the pup's name (where's my sticky note?!).

17. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Gosh. I thought that thing was some sort of rodent. My feelings toward rodents are only slightly less negative than my feelings about politicians. Yellow labs are nice, though. As are black labs and goldens. I guess I'd have to say that as a group, retrievers are my favorite dogs.

Now, kittens are cute from the moment they are born!

18. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :rofl: OMG, Daniel! You thinking it was a rodent cracks me up something aweful! I don't know why that hit such a funny spot tonight, but it did! :lol: :lolup: Personally, I love Great Danes and Newfies!

Now don't go getting me started on the cuteness of kittens! I adore kittens!!! I will be getting one after my current cat passes away --and after I finish mourning her loss-- (she's dying of cancer right now, so bringing home a kitten would only stress her). My poor Siamese of DOOM.... :cry: