1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Lurker coming forth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by edselpdx, May 2, 2006.

1. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Well, I suppose if I signed up for the Portland May Prius Meetup on 5/20, I should come out of the shadows now. I bought my Salsa 2005 in Sept last year and so far have added only the coastal EV mod (looove it for zipping home those last blocks when I'll have to warm the ICE in the morning anyway, or crawling in occasional traffic). I am a semi-handy woman with a few tools and easily installed that mod in less than 30 minutes.... although now I have a bit of a rattle there...gotta go in and see what THAT is. I have learned so much from the amazing members on this site, and have lurked since just after I got my car last fall. Next mod will be the new iPod integration group buy (see the electronics forum).

I get in the 45-48 MPG range, but that is largely because I (thankfully) have short trips and often have to park for 1-2 hours for my job and then get back in and drive 5 miles and do it again. Sure beats the high teens I was getting in my Volvo (2000 S40 turbo traded in for this one).

I'm a single mom of one amazing 9 yr old and live in inner SE Portland, OR. Breaking all my rules by crossing the river for this meetup in SW PDX on the 20th (past downtown, which as far as I care to venture into SW PDX.) I'm glad to be out of the shadows for now! Look forward to seeing others at the meetup!

Sonya

2. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

My poor grandmother used to say, "Beware of semi-handy women coming out of the shadows after lurking, even if they do have amazing 9-year-olds."

I've always hewed (hewn?) to that advice.

Until now.

Welcome!

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome, and nice to meet you! :)

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Very nice to meet you, ma'am! I'm a very UNhandy woman with two great sons and grandsons <g> - none of them have seen my new Prius yet.

5. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

just a hint: don't go south across the river, go north this saturday and come on up to Lacey ( Olympia ) and meet the Washington Prius group and see the Lacey Electric Grand Prix and all the interesting vehicles that are on display and then watch the "Grand Prix" All provided by the Lacey Parks and Recreation Dept. More info on the Washington Prius group page. Oh and welcome to the jungle.

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(edselpdx @ May 2 2006, 02:14 PM) [snapback]248722[/snapback]</div>
    OOh ooh ooh please consider coming to Lacey this weekend. You will be welcome. It is going to be fun, educational, and did I mention fun! Bring your 9 year old. Please think about it. Any 9 year old will love the electric car races!

7. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Lacey sounds like fun, but I've got a camping trip (first in the Prius) scheduled on the Oregon coast! Yert-camping, a bit too early for tents yet. Thanks for the welcome.