1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

M6x1.0 tapered stainless steel screws for license plate holder

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Dan Henderson, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2010 Prius IV with license plate holders that have M6x1.0 tapered screws with hex heads. I need stainless steel versions of this screw because of the hideous stains it's causing to my license plates. Anyone have success in finding these commercially? My Toyota dealer doesn't carry them.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've bought 'kits' similar to this one in the past that have a bunch of sizes, rubber spacers etc included and have had no problems. This is not the one I've bought in the past, but it came up first in a google search.

You could also just go to a place like Home Depot and find the correct size you want in stainless steel.

3. Mike500

Mike500 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    They don't need to be tapered. Standard Phillips head M6x1.0x16 or 20 stainless is just fine. I give them away as FREE GIFTs to those who have purchased my chassis braces.

Most hardware store have them in the little drawers.

4. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe McMaster Carr has something that would work?
    McMaster-Carr