1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Machine error gives Bush extra Ohio votes.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigbaldcuban, Nov 5, 2004.

1. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I know this isn't enough to change anything but it still chaps my nice person. That's saying a lot if you've ever had the unfortunate luck of having to glance at my nice person.

Click for story

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wasn't the designer of these voting machines quoted saying that Bush would win... something about him doing all that he can to make sure Bush wins? If anyone could find that quote, i would greatly appreciate it. It was also published that these machines could have a 20 percent error.. when really.. common.. how do you get a freaking error on something that just counts?

3. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The sad thing is that if it happened there, it probably happened in a lot of places. I suppose statistically it would work out as miscounts evenly on both candidates. Still...... And what happens if they check EVERY machine, find out that someone else acutally won. Since the other candidate conceeded, can they 'take it back'?

I still believe no reporting should be allowed until all the vote counts are finalized.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Diebold made most of the voting machines used this year. Diebold is an enormous Bush supporter and contributer. The software used by the machines is kept secret by Diebold.

On the other hand, electoral fraud in the U.S. is more the rule than the exception, so this is nothing new.

I have a t-shirt with a quote, supposedly from Joseph Stalin: "The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." I'm skeptical that Stalin would have been to blatant as to have actually said that. But it is true, and applies equally to the U.S. and Russia.