1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Machinima

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bigdaddy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I have the need to dabble in machinima. Has anyone here been involved in a machinima project, and if so can you provide me a few pointers to some of the best (web or otherwise) references in production techniques. I want to start off with a Sims 2 project.

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

I dont usually bump, but [bump]

Here is my concept in the most vague sense: I want to use the Sims 2 as a film studio to demonstrate some ideas/products I am working on. Last week, I was able to address this idea with the fellow who created this Sims, who encouraged me to follow this idea. I am looking for folks that my have some experience in the gaming field (yes, playing them and/or designing them) who might give me insight into the ability to control characters in a game to give me the fidelity I want.

Posting this on PChat is a longshot, but I (understandably) associate Prius drivers with a positive standard deviation in measurement of creative and other mental abilities, hence the post here and a more likely positive hit. Otherwise, let this post slowly sink down to meet the other muck I post.

3. parrot_lady

parrot_lady Member

I've watched some HL2 (half-life 2) machinima.... *drool*

I can't actually do it myself, I just play HL2 and the associated games...(cs:s-- I'm an addict to that!) but congrats if you do get it to work the way you want.

There are codes for HL2 that can be entered into the console/game command so that you can enter god mode/etc. I'd look for those for what you want.

Amy

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Thanks parrot_lady. This is hard stuff I am learning, but have produced some video in the past, just a new medium. Interestingly, in my googling I came across a reference to the meeting I was at on the RoosterTeeth (red vs blue) blog: The Strangerhood and Mr. Sims @ http://www.roosterteeth.com/home.php

I had the opportunity to meet the sims and rooster teeth folks and lay out some of the ideas, hopefully it will all come about smoothly. I am thinking about a Sims / Prius cover for the 2007 calendar....