1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mad market for used fuel-sippers

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by greg4wv, May 20, 2006.

1. greg4wv

greg4wv New Member

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - In an atmosphere of high fuel prices, the market for used cars with high fuel mileage has gotten red hot.

Gas prices can cause greater fluctuations in used-car prices than in new cars for two reasons: used-car prices are more flexible than new-car prices and used-car shoppers generally have lower incomes than new-car shoppers.

In one extreme example, used Toyota Priuses are in such demand that they lose almost no value in the first year or two of ownership even after being driven tens of thousands of miles.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/05/17/used_compacts/

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(greg4wv @ May 20 2006, 06:57 PM) [snapback]258681[/snapback]</div>
    As soon as Eifler comes up with a CAN View for the 06+ I might even consider a offer? I would post my milage log on the window! Of course there are all the "extras" on the car and the Olympia Local Market Adjustment. Yep 35K would be about right. :rolleyes: