1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Made the mistake of buying a Prius for parts

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Discountpartsman, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Discountpartsman

Discountpartsman New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I bought an 02 Prius to part out as it was hit in the front but I tested it out and liked how well It drove . With over 200 on the clock I thought it would be slow and noisy , it was not , had no lights no issues and still drove like a new car . Started taking it apart and found not only are they easy to work on but how well thought out and engineered it is , now I see why the parts are so cheap because they hardly ever break so now I Am hooked and would like to buy another one might even take one that needs a major part like the battery , engine , or trans I will fix it with the parts I have, and sell off my other parts .

2. Hybrid Dave

Hybrid Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It is really odd how the Prius has an almost otherworldly power to suck you in.

3. Discountpartsman

Discountpartsman New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Cant explain that part but It's a very good piece of engineering that's for sure , I think it would be a very inexpensive car to operate for anyone with a few mechanical skills .