1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mag Grey w/Scion wheels, SF ant, and 20 tint

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by robincx, May 14, 2007.

1. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Greetings, I've had a couple of requests for pics of the tint, wheels and fin on my 2007 magnet grey base model. It's a cloudy day :( so sorry about the flat light.
    • The antenae does decrease the reception capabilities on a couple of Toronto stations when I'm in the hills here in western New York.
    • The windows are darker than I thought, and I may pull the front off and replace with 35% tint.
    • The wheels are Scion tc, the tires are Nexen 3000N. There was a loss in milage, but the handling and elimination of twitch was well worth it. Combined with teh BT plate the car is solid on the road.
    I apologize in advance for starting a new thread, but I'm on deadline and couldn't find the past posts where I was requested to post some pics.

All the best, Robin

Attached Files:

2. SaeGai06

SaeGai06 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Car looks awesome! Looks just like mine but, different color. Too bad this color didn't come out for the 2006 models, I would have bought this color in a heart beat.

Cheers!

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't appologize. The car looks fantastic and deserves its own thread. ;)

I love the color and the Scion wheels work well due to the finish on them.

4. robincx

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the positive comments, next I will be adding much of both of your signature lines!
    Cheers - RC

5. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SaeGai06 @ May 14 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]442020[/snapback]</div>
    Magnetic Grey did come out in the 2006, just not at the start. I remember being really tempted to wait. I got mine in marcg 2006 and the magnetic grey's started showing up in May.

6. craigk

craigk Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks robincx for the pix! I'd like my magnetic grey Prius to have nice wheels like that too. Report back sometime on the mpg hit, hope it's not too bad. I just realized that my original inquiry was due to your signature picture, but these aren't the same wheels, they are even better! Is yours a touring car?

7. SaeGai06

SaeGai06 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(craigk @ May 14 2007, 06:33 PM) [snapback]442069[/snapback]</div>
    craigk,

When I upgraded to the tC wheels and tires, I took a 4 mpg hit. Small price to pay for better handling and looks. B)

8. craigk

craigk Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SaeGai06 @ May 14 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]442073[/snapback]</div>
    When I'm getting 52mpg in the current warm weather, getting 48 still sounds good. When I'm getting 40mpg (or less) in the freezing Minnesota winter, getting 36mpg doesn't sound as good, but maybe I'd have to put different tires on for the winter anyway?

9. SaeGai06

SaeGai06 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(craigk @ May 14 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]442075[/snapback]</div>
    For owners who live in areas with cold/snowy winters, changing tires might be a good idea. The tires on the tC wheels might be rated for mud and snow (M+S) but, you'll never beat the traction of those studded tires.

As for me, i'm in california and the weather doesn't get too bad here. I leave them on year round.

10. robincx

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    craigk,
    SaeGai06 's experience is very consistant with mine, however you and I live in similar climates. This winter I was getting 44mpg, with the OEM wheels and tires. In the early spring I had some 54 tanks, but the handling mush and twitchiness was getting to be a concern especially in the high winds we sometimes get. With the Scion wheels I am getting 44-48 mpg and the handling improvement is dramatic. My stock wheels now have a set of Blizzaks on them awaiting the snow and cold.

P.S. The wheels on my avatar were a PhotoShop cheat as I was deciding on which wheels and tires to go with.

11. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Looks sweet, I have the magnetic gray also, but I actually like the stock wheels. I have decided from your pictures that I absolutely must tint my windows. Do you know what the percentages are on yours?

12. kdk84

kdk84 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morpheusx @ May 18 2007, 10:49 PM) [snapback]445456[/snapback]</div>
    says in the persons signature "20% tint all around" and also in the title of this post "20 tint"

13. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kdk84 @ May 19 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]445703[/snapback]</div>
    lol I missed that

14. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

gosh.... that's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you think about 20% rear and 35% for the front two?????? that's what i'm considering......

what type of tint did you get? ceramic? metal?

different subject.... any loss of signal with the shark fin?

15. GaS

GaS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

Any chance you could re-post the images? They sound very very interesting!

I just bought a grey 07 Prius, and I have some tC rims with Yokohama Avid H4S tires in my shed that came off the 05 Corolla I traded in. The Corolla, lowered with TRD springs and this tire/wheel combination rode like a rail. The Prius feels more than a little wallowing in comparison.

I was considering putting them on for summer use, and using the stock rims for winter use.

Do the low profile tires really increase the harshness of the ride? I may be able to handle a 4MPG hit, if it looks good and helps with the handling and weird steering...

Tinting the windows sounds like a really good idea too!

TIA,
    G

---

My Corolla before I took it back to stock to trade it in:

[​IMG]

My new Prius :)

[​IMG]

16. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

i'm all about tinting the windows! that's the first thing i noticed about the prius... how HOT it was with no tinting! now that i've got tint.... it's cooler (relatively speaking, of course..... it's still not... just not AS hot.. i mean i AM in the desert!)

17. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The pictures should show back up this afternoon. I'm in the middle of transferring all of that data right now.

18. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

*cracks the whip* well then stop posting and get transferring!!!!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(don't ban me!!!!!!!) [​IMG]

19. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Car looks great, lovin the wheels!

20. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle: