1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Magazine article

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Speedracer, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I was reading Japanese car magnazine yesterday, and article about Prius Production...
    Its says
    It uses to be 15,000 car has been back order for US market but now do to heigh gas price which equal to high demand. Now just about 20,000 car has been back order. Prius production has been increased but not enought to meet demand.
    So, Japanese market Prius uses to be 4 month wait but not only 2month or less like my case month and half.

2. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, apparently the wait in Japan has decreased. They were devoting a pretty large percentage of production to the home market.

It seems that Japanese Consumers like to get their leading edge tech very quickly. They say that sales for new models falls off very steeply in Japan so it's important to get the cars there first.

However, now that the wait there seems to be manageable, they're talking about diverting some fo the allocations to the US.

Last I saw they hadn't made a decision on it yet though. They were going to announce some time this month if they were going to send more over here.