1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Magnetic Gray, #7, 03/07/2006, Sunnyvale CA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by Manksgloob, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone.
    Great community. Been lurking here for a little while now, but finally signed up when I decided to take the plunge to purchase a Prius.

Date Ordered: March 7, 2006
    Dealer Ordered From: Jim Pardinez of Sunnyvale Toyota in California
    Timeframe given for delivery: "Within seven months," to quote my dealer
    Color: Magnetic Grey (Would have ordered an orange one, but they don't make those :( )
    Option Package: #7
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: #7

Primary reason for purchase: Technology

----------

I was originally going to purchase from the Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose, but the dealers there weren't very nice and pressured me to buy a car, any car -- if not a Prius, that weekend. One dealer repeatedly called me up during the most inconvinient of times for weeks following my visit. Luckily for me, I had been shopping around and found that the dealers at Sunnyvale were much friendlier.

So I ordered at Sunnyvale.

My dealer didn't want to get my hopes up about the timeframe, and so when he called me one night to tell me that I was number 7 on the list of magnetic grey #7's, he informed me that it may have seemed like a low number but that the greys weren't coming in until after May, and that even then they probably wouldn't get very many of them per shipment.

Oh well, only time will tell.
    In the meantime I've already ordered a Sharkfin Antenna and a Costaletech EV kit, and I'm eyeing the BT Tech Chassis Stiffening Plate.

2. ThunderJon

ThunderJon New Member

Be warned... Sunnyvale has consistently missed there estimated timeframes by ~3 months. I had originally ordered Oct 10, 05 was told should be in before Jan. 1 around last week of Dec. it moved to Feb, maybe, maybe March/end of March. I personally know several other non PC members that pulled there deposit to get it elsewhere in the area. I ended up getting my 06 on Jan. 1 form another dealer, without deposit :)

3. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Darn, that's no good.
    From what I've heard it's a mixed bag at Sunnyvale.
    Thanks for the tipoff though.

I guess it couldn't hurt to get in line at another dealer (although I'd still have to wait until May for the grey.)

Where did you get yours at?

4. cdavid

cdavid Member

Hasn't magnetic grey been removed from 2006 availability and rescheduled for the 2007 model year?

5. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had read about the Magnetic Grey being removed from color charts in another thread, but like it was pointed out the color is still listed as available (albiet in May) on the Toyota website.

I also just called my dealer, and he said he hadn't heard anything about the greys being cancelled. "If anything is to be cancelled, it will probably be for next year's line up," he said.

I didn't get a chance to mention the color chart though.

*shrug*

6. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, my dealer just called.
    He said if I didn't mind a Silver (same package: #7) then I could have it today. In about an hour.

Seeing how he was getting only 1 Magnetic Grey per shipment (so far -- although there has only been one shipment so far) this means I wouldn't be recieving my Grey until October.

I'm thinking about taking up the dealer's offer. What do you all think?

7. sdsteve

sdsteve New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Manksgloob @ May 12 2006, 02:52 PM) [snapback]254410[/snapback]</div>
    Grab it and still be eligible for the fed. tax credit. I had a similar situation - guess nobody wants the silvers.

8. mdh

mdh New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(San Diego Steve @ May 12 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]254454[/snapback]</div>
    i like sunnyvale toyota... been doing biz with them for years. ask for Nickolay Mak

9. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Awesome!

I am now the proud owner of a Silver Prius.
    I JUST got it home.

This is seriously awesome.

10. sdsteve

sdsteve New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Manksgloob @ May 12 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]254572[/snapback]</div>
    Congrats!