1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Main Fuse Blows UP

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mahen, Jan 18, 2008.

1. mahen

mahen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently imported one NHW20 prius 2004 model. The shipment was delayed around 3 months because all the vessels were fully booked.

When i got delivery of the car, I found that the auxilliary battery was flat so replaced it.

Now I notice that the main fuse blows up every time i start the engine or when I drive lets say a few metres. The HV and Battery warning lights is displayed on the screen

Can some one help?

2. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    do you have a multi meter? if so check the + to chassie if there is a shortcut.
    only the cableing take the battery out and dont start the prius.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Where are you and the Prius located?

Bob Wilson

4. mahen

mahen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the help. I am located in Mauritius and there is no dealer for Prius Car here. I loved this car, so imported it from Japan myself. The main fuse is 100 A and and as this spare part is not available here so we had to fix it wiht an equivalent fuse and now it is ok all the warning sign have gone. Thx