1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintaining cloth driver's seat

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by 7-0-SAV, Mar 23, 2015.

1. 7-0-SAV

7-0-SAV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not a big deal, as we keep our cars as long as they're economical, and the PIP is driven by one person 95% of the time.

At just under 30k on our base 2014 PIP, the cloth driver's seat is conforming to the main driver's body, which we're trying to keep looking new as long as possible. We vacuum and use scotchguard every other month to keep the seat smelling fresh, but this doesn't improve how the seat looks.

Any suggestions to keep the seat looking new are welcome.

#1 7-0-SAV, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  2. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm at the same mileage as you and haven't noticed any wear. You shouldn't have to scotchguard that often. I used 303 Aerospace fabric guard once on mine a few weeks after I bought the car and spills/stains still clean right up.

One thing I have heard is when entering the car, it is better to sit in the middle of seat and rotate your body into position rather than sliding across the seat. Sliding across tends to put stress and break down the side bolsters.

3. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2 words:
    seat cover