1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance checklist?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Xebby, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Xebby

Xebby New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been searching the web and this forum for some sort of checklist for suggested and scheduled Maintenance. I am finding threads like “my car is X miles, what to do?” but not an actual list to go off of for future driving (I might not be looking in the right sections?).

I’m looking for a list that has the number of miles and then under that, what should be done when the car reaches those miles. Something I could print and keep in my glove box so that I can check it off and make notes as I get the work done.

I bought my 07 Prius about a 6 weeks ago from a Toyota dealer with about 50K miles and now it’s almost at 55K (traded in my Echo). Is there anything else I should be concerned about? I called around and the dealer was comparable in price to other lube centers. Would there be any benefit to taking it to a dealer over someone else? I also commute about 100 miles a day (sometimes more), should I consider synthetic oil? I'm new at owning a hybrid so I'm still learning.

Any links would be really healpful.

Thanks!

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota's list for the Prius is at
    Toyota Parts and Service
    If you want the actual booklet that originally came with the car a dealer may be able to sell it to you. Be certain that you get Toyota's Scheduled Maintenance Guide and not some scam list put together by the dealer.

If you also don't have the Owner's Manual, buy a copy from a dealer or online. It's full of stuff you need to know.

The average dealer will know more about the car and make fewer mistakes than the average Kwiky Loob. No matter who changes the oil, check the dipstick yourself before driving away. This can catch many gruesome mistakes before they become expensive.

If you change the oil every 5000 miles there's no need for synthetic.

3. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Welcome to priuschat!

Forum member dogfriend just posted the manuals here:

MobileMe

The dealer who sold you the car should have provided the manuals though.

If the dealer gives comparable price then I would just go there.

If you change oil according to schedule then I don't think synthetic makes a whole lot of difference. There is also potential for leaks if you switch to synthetic at high mileage.

Hope this helps. :)