1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance Display

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by streyle, Aug 11, 2004.

1. streyle

streyle New Member

So the car I test drove had a feature where you could view different parts and you could various info that way.....is this option only there for the NAV system models?

When I go to my info screen, all I have is the trip info and setting button.....

2. mboileau

mboileau New Member

Aside from the Maintenance Screen, which shows all the scheduled maintenance operations allowing you to enter a mileage and/or date reminder, there's also the Calendar. It has a month display where each date is selectable. Inside of a given date's screen, you can enter Memo's, which may include your day's itinerary or reminders. This would be potentially useful if it in fact actually sync'ed to something you really use, like the calendar function on your BT phone(!), but it doesn't. I, for one, use the Calendar memo's to log my fill-ups and computed mileages.

3. streyle

streyle New Member

so is this only for the NAV systems? or is it a standard feature?

4. mboileau

mboileau New Member

NAV only, sorry!

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I only have about 1500 miles and haven't reached a maintenance point yet.

Do I have to enter the dates and/or miles for each of the maintenance items? Does Priapus automatically know all this information and tell me when it's time to do stuff?

I'm referencing NAV manual page number 96.

Just how does this work?

6. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    All the info has to be done by hand. The dealer did't do it for me ( no suprise there ) so i'm guessing everyone has to do it by hand. I simply typed in the mileage i had remaining till i hit 5k.. now every day i see a maint req light because i'm at 5500... don't have the cash for a oil change right now. PLus.. the dealer want to charge 50 bucks for an oil filter. they are crazy. Oil change and tire rotation are the only things i've set. There are many more, but i have not decided to put them in yet.

7. glscheil1

glscheil1 New Member

Funny thing happened to my maintenance screen. I have been programming it for next oil change. I now have 5,500 miles on the car and I got a blinking message that "maintenance required" When I went to the maintenance screen, it was for oil filter change. I presumed that the oil change reminder would also work for the oil filter. Not So. You have to enter information in both categories.