1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

maintenance light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CAVEIN, Nov 14, 2005.

1. CAVEIN

CAVEIN New Member

does anyone know how to turn this off after each 5k miles when it turns on for an oil change?

2. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Make sure the odometer is on the odometer display, not one of the trip meters. Then press and hold the odo/trip button while powereing up the car. Continue to hold the odo/trip button in, the odometer will be s series of dashes (------) that will count down to none then the odometer display will come back. All done!

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    From http://www.vfaq.net/FAQ-screen.html#maintenance

How do I turn off the Flashing Maintenance light (oil change reminder)?

The oil change light will start flashing 4500 miles after the last reset to remind you that an oil change is coming up. Once at 5000 miles after the last reset, it stays on. If you change the oil yourself, or the dealer forgets to turn the light off, rather than taking it back to the dealer, do the following:

1. Turn the power switch IG-ON and make sure that the ODO/TRIP meter is displaying the odometer.
    2. Turn the power switch OFF.
    3. While pushing the ODO button, turn the power switch IG-ON.
    4. The reminder light will flash until the reset is completed.
    5. The reset is complete when the reminder light turns OFF. Release the ODO button.
    6. After the reset, the ODO/TRIP meter displays as a set of zeros for 1 second, then displays your normal odometer mileage.

4. CAVEIN

CAVEIN New Member

thank you kindly!

5. rogerSC

rogerSC Member

I'm going to be getting an oil change before 5K miles (at the 6 months mark, since I don't drive that many miles).

I guess that they'll reset this at that time so that it won't go off at 5K miles?

Anyways, I see that I can turn it off myself if they don't.

-Roger

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    If it's the dealer, they should reset it. If not, you can do it.

7. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

My light has come on, but it's not flashing -- just solid. Could this mean an actual problem, or is it just the dealer's way of luring me back in?

Thanks.

8. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Starting at 4,500 miles since it was last reset, it flashes for a short time after you start up and then disappears. After 5,000 miles since it was last reset, it will stay on constantly until it is reset.

9. singingtiger

singingtiger New Member

In your owner's manual the instructions should be in the "Information for instruments and controls" section. In the 04 manual it is section 2-5.