1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance records

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jaw444, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jaw444

jaw444 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a 2007 Prius with 28K miles a few days ago. No service records came with it, the previous owner had not had the service booklet filled in. But when i had a AAA inspection of the car at a Toyota dealer, they printed up a dealers record on the car showing two regular services in 2008, one was in March and one was in September, at 20k miles and 25K miles. Today, in the long process of exploration of this car and its features, i found the section under Info where you can bring up previous service info. It showed one service in September 07, that was all. The car was originally purchased in January 07. The data in the car computer doesn't show any detailed info, not the mileage or what services were done. For the individual things like 'change engine oil' and 'change air filter' and 'rotate tires,' some of them say 9/07, and some don't have a date (there's a zero or some other inapplicable number).

According to the dealer print out, it doesn't show a 9/07 maintenance service, and the info inputted into the car computer doesn't show the two 08 services shown on the dealer print out. I would like to have all this updated in the car's records, on the Prius computer and in the dealer data base, so that all three services are on record, officially and on the car.

I think i saw something in the user manual about inputting service information into the prius system, but now i can't find it. Is this something that i will have the service people do, or can i do it? I would like to have the car be on schedule and giving me information about what has been done and what hasn't. I'm not sure what to do about the dealer data not including the 9/07 data that someone entered into the car computer system, and i am wondering why the toyota service agency didn't input the 2008 services they did into the car system. Is this something the owner has to ask them to do?

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    typing in something in a maintenance log is a feature you get when you buy the navigation system. don't expect a dealer to fill it in for you

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    If you have any uncertainty about whether significant service items have been done - engine oil, oil filter, air filter - please do them now yourself. You are at 28k miles so there is nothing else to be concerned with besides tire rotations and underside inspections.