1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance required light stays on after oil change.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by newbie, Jul 7, 2005.

1. newbie

newbie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Help! Preprogramed maintenance for 5,000 oil/filter change. However, changed oil at 4880. Then at 5,000 miles the dash "maintenance" light comes on. Thought that all I had to do was go back into screen and turn off. Wrong! Cannnot get this stupid light to go off. Help!! Tell me what I need to push to make it go away. http://priuschat.com/forums/images/smiles/...on_rolleyes.gif

2. newbie

newbie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :D Thank you so much!! Can't wait for tomorrow morning to go out and do this. That light is annoying! Thank you so much!! Can't wait for tomorrow morning to go out and do this. That light is annoying!

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Yell at dealer for not doing that for you. They should have seen it blink when they powered up the car. It blinks at 4500 miles from last reset, then becomes steady at 5000.

4. Nice_Rumble

Nice_Rumble Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    From the manual, page 122.
    The system must be reset after the engine oil replacement. Reset the system by the following procedure:
    1. Press the "power" switch to the "off" mode with the odometer reading shown.
    2. Press the "power" switch twice to select the "IG-ON" mode while holding down the trip meter reset button. Hold down the button for at least 5 seconds. The odometer indicates "000000" and the light goes off.