1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance required light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by priusenvious, Nov 22, 2006.

1. priusenvious

priusenvious New Member

Brand new (7k miles '6 package 7) maintenance required light is on. Have changed oil twice already (get out those nasty little manufacturing pieces).
    what could be the reason for the light????? can I re-set this light myself.
    Otherwise the car is phenomenal....I love it, my family loves it.
    Thanks.

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    How do I turn off the Flashing Maintenance light (oil change reminder)?
    The oil change light will start flashing 4500 miles after the last reset to remind you that an oil change is coming up. Once at 5000 miles after the last reset, it stays on. If you change the oil yourself, or the dealer forgets to turn the light off, rather than taking it back to the dealer, do the following:
    1. Turn the power switch IG-ON and make sure that the ODO/TRIP meter is the odometer display.
    2. Turn the power switch OFF.
    3. While pushing the "ODO/ TRIP meter switching & TRIP meter reset" switch, turn the power switch IG-ON.
    4. Until the resetting is completed, the reminder light flashes.
    5. The resetting is completed when the reminder light turns OFF. Release the "ODO/TRIP meter switching & TRIP meter reset" switch.
    6. After the resetting is completed, the ODO/TRIP meter displays as a set of zeros for 1 second. Then, the ODO/TRIP meter displays the your normal odometer mileage.

3. D0li0

D0li0 New Member

4. elecblue

elecblue New Member

Hey Ryan:

Great tips! I hate the reverse beep. I'll be disabling this one ASAP. I've also gotten locked out of the NAV sometimes, so I'll take this one into consideration also.

Car is getting pretty decent mileage. Just hooked up a 220V outlet plug.

5. dmckinstry

dmckinstry New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elecblue @ Nov 23 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]353423[/snapback]</div>

How did you do the plug? Buy or make a 220 V rectifier? You're talking about 220 V from your house wiring?

One of several things that have prevented me from doing this is concern about over charging the battery and shortening its life. Does your setup regulate that?

Dave M.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(elecblue @ Nov 23 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]353423[/snapback]</div>
    That trick won't work if you've got a 2006 or 2007. To override the NAV (and/or BT) lockout, you need to cut the speed sensor wire(s) and install a switch (on each, if you cut both). Take a look here for more information.