1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintenance screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by lagreca, Oct 27, 2007.

1. lagreca

lagreca Junior Member

I'm a little confused as to what the maintenance screen is on my Prius. Is it just a log where I can enter the maintenance I have done? Or is it to remind me to perform specific maintenance?

2. hv74656

hv74656 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lagreca @ Oct 27 2007, 12:13 AM) [snapback]531092[/snapback]</div>
    I'm not sure if it is different on an '07 vs. '04, but my maintenence screen just gives some more detailed vehicle status and error codes (if present). It requires some fancy finger tapping to get into. The only thing that gives maintenence reminders on the '04 is a light near the speedometer, I think it's every 7,500 miles or so.

Toyota keeps a record of all of your scheduled maintenence on their computers. The dealer only needs your VIN to pull up the specs of all work done at a Toyota dealer.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hv74656 @ Oct 27 2007, 12:27 AM) [snapback]531095[/snapback]</div>
    In my '05, the maintenance screens do have reminder functions for various service items. The reminders are user set, both by date and distance. The alerts appear only at or after the set time or distance. There is no pre-warning as there is with the maintenance light.