1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintence Reminder stopped working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Basildane, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Basildane

Basildane Junior Member

My oil change reminder came up as expected the at 5000 and 10000 miles. I just passed the 15k mark and no reminder. While trying to diagnose it, I got into the maintence screen and set myself a "personal" reminder for 2 miles from now. 10 miles passed and still no reminder.

What have I done? Any thoughts?
    2005 option 6.

2. cmwade77

cmwade77 New Member

Light Bulb burned out? Does it turnh on when you start the car for a few sconds?

3. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    cmwade77 is right. All indicators should turn on for about 3 seconds when you first hit power. They are all supposed to stay on if you power up without pressing the brakes (One push of power).

I am fairly certain that the light is reset over the OBDCII port, or can be. The light is always on when I take it to the dealer, and it's off when I get it back. I don't think they reset the maint. screen, since I always have to reset that.

Where did you do your 10K change?

4. cmwade77

cmwade77 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(engunneer @ Apr 6 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]235912[/snapback]</div>
    There is a simple procedure in the manual for resetting the light, I forget it at the moment, bt it involves pressing the Odomoter button, I would assume that's all that the dealer does.

5. jandmayra

jandmayra New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Basildane @ Apr 6 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]235766[/snapback]</div>
    From your description, and the fact that you have an option package 6 (just like mine), I am assuming that you are talking about the maintenance display and not a dash light. In order for the maintenance reminders to work, you have to click to the Map screen and "Accept" the agreement after every start. If you do not activate these features by accepting the agreement, they will not warn you.

6. Basildane

Basildane Junior Member

Hi folks,

Yes, I am talking about the dashboard "maint req" yellow light.

I checked, the light is not burned out.

I do my own oil changes, and I reset the counter myself each time using the ODO button as documented.
    This will be my third oil change, but no light this time.

7. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

Well, I never turn it off. Since oil changes are due every 5000 miles, it's easy to remember them: 5,10,15,20... After 36,000 miles I have never turned the light off and have never forgotten to change the oil. I don't notice it's on anymore.