1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maintence warning light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mlkco, Jun 7, 2006.

1. mlkco

mlkco Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Do any of you know how to reset the maintence warning light.
    I do my own maintence and find the light helpful but would like to reset it.

2. artrand

artrand New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mlkco @ Jun 7 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]267591[/snapback]</div>

With the Prius off press and hold down the odm button and press the power button twice and it will reset

3. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually you start out with the odometer showing mileage ( not Trip A or B ). With the system powered off,push and hold the Odo/Trip button. Continue holding as you press the Power Button 2 times,keeping your foot off the brake! You don't want to go to Ready mode. While holding down the button ( Odo/Trip ),watch as the odometer has dashes that count down,then switches back to your odometer reading. The Maintenance light will also go out ( if it was on before ) and you are done, :) .

4. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Rick, good to see you on again, haven't seen you in a while. Did they change something with the 06's. I've always reset the maint. light, but just holding the odo button while powering up the car and just continue holding the button for a few seconds after it goes ready till the light goes out? Isn't that the way to do it? never hit the button twice?

5. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No they didn't change anything in the 06. It is the same,push the Power button twice to go to IGN ON not Ready mode while holding in the Odo/Trip button.

I have been checking in from time to time but have been busy with a lot of family/personal things going on. Not to mention Toyota MDT test being due in Jan ( passed, :) ) then the ASE L1 test I had to recertify in May ( status unsure, :unsure: ). But I still am around don't worry.

6. John Moss

John Moss New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I have tried the ODO/TRIP button in all three positions (A,B,ODO). Even though Rick Angles method almost works, the light comes back on again (after having disappeared) once I power down and then back on again. Any suggestions anybody for my 2008 Prius? Thanks, John Moss Nampa, ID