1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Major Issue (Pics)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Undes1, Jun 27, 2023.

1. Undes1

Undes1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello everyone, first time poster.

2008 Prius. 245k miles. Owned for 5 years with no issues.

Super hot day down here in Florida. I drove down the road, maybe 3 minutes of driving at a low speed. Car suddenly died while driving. Shutdown in the middle of an intersection. Parking brake set. Unable to restart with the key. Quick Goole had me check the AM2 fuse. 15 amp fuse was burned out.
    I replaced it and was able to get the car to start up again. I limped back to the house and snapped this picture of the dash. Included a VSC light.
    I have a cheap OBD2 sensor that reads P3102 code and the P0420 code.
    Also showed a check engine and ! triangle.
    After about an hour sitting the ! went away. AM2 fuse has not burned out again.

I did a recent oil change and spilled some oil on the valve cover. Could i have fried something?

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    More than likely you're inverter pump is out It's right behind the left headlight on a gold bracket it's usually black or dark gray it's a flat pancake looking thing with 3/4 hoses going in and out of it. You can look at all this stuff on here about it but see cool it movement in the inverter jug when you take the cap off in the cars on already or what have you put your hand down there on the pump you can feel it if it's pumping generally it'll be vibrating it's kind of a mag drive pump type of affair kind of like a pond pump or a washer pump out pump.