1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Making the ipod work

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by nudriver, Jul 18, 2012.

1. nudriver

nudriver Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I keep having a problem where the car's stereo will play the same song over and over. I got it to do shuffle mode, but forgot how. How do you set that up on the ipod and on the console? Can you set it up to just play the songs one after another instead of shuffle? Also, when I set my ipod up so that it won't repeat songs, that setting keeps changing whenever I plug it into the car. What's going on? By the way, I have a 1st gen. ipod.

2. wjterry

wjterry New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

I use an iPod touch every day in my 2010 III during my 45 minute comutes to/from work. Frankly, I can not imagine why the simple act of plugging the iPod into the Aux jack would cause the iPod setting to revert to a prior mode. I wonder, does the setting change regardless of which mode it is in when you plug the iPod in? Is there a setting (Settings Menu) on your Gen 1 which would cause the mode to revert to sequential every time the unit is turned off? There is the possibility the default setting for this function is sequential which means you must manually select shuffle each time you turn it on... Perhaps its time you thought about a new iPod?

Wjterry