1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Malfunction indicator lamp, traction control, master warning light have been on for a week

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Sam836, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Sam836

Sam836 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----Australia----
    Malfunction indicator lamp, traction control, master warning lights s say check hybrid system have been on for a week And I was booked in to take it to machanic today to check to codes but as I started the car the light were off, so I canceled the appointment, now they turned back on so I booked another appointment. I’m just wondering if I go to take it their tomorrow and the light have turned off again will they still be able to read the codes, thanks so much. It’s a 2010 Prius

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  3. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yes. The answer is yes, the codes likely will still be there even if the lights are not.

This can be as simple as a failing 12 V battery or a loose of failing wheel speed sensor.

Some people loose track of the fact that not everybody is capable of doing their own troubleshooting or have any interest in doing that.

4. Sam836

Sam836 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----Australia----
    No worries thanks so much
    Codes are
    P0517
    U029a
    C0210