1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mandatory intro - Hi!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by HiTekRedNek, Nov 27, 2012.

1. HiTekRedNek

HiTekRedNek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Monday Nov 12, I was on my way to work when my morning drive was interrupted by a Dodge Ram pickup smacking into the driver side of my 94 Saturn SC2. I was very sad - the car had served me well for over a decade, got about 35 mpg, and was paid off.

On the 17th I purchased a 2006 Driftwood Pearl Prius with pretty much everything. Cloth interior, but seems to have every other possible bell and whistle imaginable. The fuel mileage is lessening the sting of losing my Saturn (so far I'm at around 48 mpg average).

I found this forum shortly after I got the car. Wish I would have found it first. :) But that's ok because I never expect a used vehicle to be perfect. I can't name the names so far, but I've already gotten some great information and thank you all for contributing for newbs like me.

My radio reception is dismal. Judging by what I've read, I think the amp in the antenna base may be shot. I'll be finding the time soon to "tear" into that area and try a little testing to see if that's the case. I already replaced the HID headlights because the passenger one was doing that "on and off" thing they did. It kindof amazes me that it wasn't taken care of by the previous owner. But oh well.

-HiTekRedNek

2. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to PC! I also have a driftwood pearl (albeit an 07). Great color on a great car :)

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard. Kind of a rough way to enter into Priushood, glad you were not hurt badly. Enjoy the ride!

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best!

5. HiTekRedNek

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Gotta say I was quite lucky. My kids weren't in the car with me; I wasn't hurt aside from a couple scratches on my head; because I did try to get out of the truck's way, I went airborne off the road and into a drainage area.

I've been wanting a better mileage vehicle for quite awhile. I guess, I needed a push. But this was more like a nasty boot to the behind!

spiderman likes this.
  6. HiTekRedNek

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I really do like the color. Past owner put a silly pinstripe on it though that's gonna just have to go. I've been too busy to get decent pics of it though. They'll be coming eventually.

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    George Jones fan? :)

8. HiTekRedNek

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nah. Familiar with the name, but not the music so much. "HiTekRedNek" comes from what I do for a living crossed with what I've pretty much lived my life with/as.

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ohh. :)

YouTube

10. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the Prius family. Glad ur okay.