1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Manual Download of Phonebook

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by taimantis, Jun 29, 2005.

1. taimantis

taimantis New Member

Now that I've read all the reasons why my Prius will not download the phone book from my Motorola v710 phone, does anyone know if you can input phone numbers directly into the Prius manually without having to download from a laptop, etc...?

I did discover today that the car stores the last numbers you've received or called and you can do a "1-touch dial", but that's about the closest I've gotten to trying to store numbers on the system.

Forgive me if I sound clueless - I just bought the car a few days ago. Still can't get over that push button start!

2. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, I think you got it.
    There is no other as far as I know.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

Yes, simply use the 17 available spaces in 1-touch. There just isn't any way to enter numbers into the car's phonebook manually.

An extreme method (sort of) would be to buy a separate phone for the sole purpose of transferring the phonebook (e.g. used Siemens S56 or Sony T68i for anywhere from 30-50 bucks). I bought a used T68i off ebay and, so far, it's worked out fine (transfers the entire contents of the phonebook at once).

4. n51222

n51222 Junior Member

I finally had to get a Bluetooth adapter for my laptop computer, and use it to transfer the phonebook to the Prius.

If you want to go that route, there are step-by-step instructions available at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Prius-2G/ . It is in a list of files on the left, written by Wes Johnson. (You'll have to join the group in order to see the instructions file, but it's free.)

The instructions assume you're using Outlook Express as your e-mail client. It's sure the long way around, but (for me, at least) was the least expensive way to get the phone book into the Prius. And it works great!

Kevin