1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Manual equivalent (button) 2006 Prius Nav

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Smartin807, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Smartin807

Smartin807 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This has been driving me crazy for years and (if there is a way to do it) I know I'll feel silly if I find the answer.

Often when I enter a destination in my factory gps nav system (2006 Prius), I only need it until I know where I am. At the point where I recognized the surroundings, I want to quit the nav instructions and get rid of the rest of the destination map. I know that the voice command "Delete Final Destination" will do that for me ... that is IF, I have the radio off and have the air conditioner off and there is no high wind noise and the road is a smooth paved surface (in other words the voice recognition doesn't do well with this command when there is other noise ... maybe it's my California accent!).

I keep thinking there MUST be a button on the Nav screen SOMEWHERE to do the same thing, but in 4 years I haven't found it. Please tell me that there is a way to stop the automatic voice and directions without using voice commands (and NOT stopping the car or removing a battery etc...)

Anybody?? ... Beuller??

Thanx

2. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have an 06, on the right of the screen touch the "Menu" button, then on the screen touch "Suspend Guidance" The next time you use the GPS it will ask if you want to delete the old route or add on to it, delete the old route.

3. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Voice command "Delete Destination" works. I've never used the word "Final" in the command.

4. Smartin807

Smartin807 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've never tried the "Delete Destination" command simply because it's not listed under the "Voice Commands" for Navigation in my 2006 Navigation System, Quick Reference Guide".

I might try it, but, again, I'd rather not have to use voice commands to turn it off.

I'm wondering if there were variations in the type of Nav System for the 2006 Prius.

5. Smartin807

Smartin807 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll definitely look into this, but I don't really remember anything like the "Suspend Guidance" button. However, I hinted up front that if there is a solution, I'd feel kind of stupid if it were explained to me.

However, if it's not there on MY Nav System ... Ooooooo am I'm I gonna rant !!!

Hopefully, I just kept Alzheimer-ing over that menu button and I'll have to Thank You for pointing out what a 4 year old couldn't miss.

6. fgoodyear

fgoodyear New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The suspend guidance button is definitly there under menu if you are on the map screen. Mine is a 2007 though, maybe there is a difference in the updated software for a year newer car;)

7. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I either use a voice command and say "Suspend Guidance", or I press the menu button (top right physical button) and press the suspend guidance soft button on the screen.

Tom

8. Smartin807

Smartin807 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, OK, I guess my myopia kept me looking inside the map and GPS windows for a button. I KNEW this was going to be like this! Something simple and kind of stupid.

Yes ... push the actual "Menu" button (not on the screen) and the choice "Suspend Guidance"comes right up. All I can say to defend my ignorance is ... Duh !

Thanks ... I think.

9. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I suspend guidance when I stop at a town to get something to eat or want to stop at a shopping mall or wherever. suspending guidance keeps the system from bugging you about making u-turns etc. and its just as easy to resume the guidance when you're ready to get back onto the freeway.